Friday 10 February 2012

Raspberry Cobbler

As I mentioned in my wishlist post, I love desserts that have berries in them, so when I found this recipe on An Edible Symphony, I knew I would have to try it!


Firstly preheat your oven to 180ºC/350ºF and butter a baking dish.


In a bowl, whisk together the flour and the sugar. Pour in the milk and whisk this until it is fully incorporated. Then add in the melted butter and combine.


The batter is quite thick but still of a runny consistency.




Pour the batter into the buttered baking dish and evenly spread the raspberries over the top.


Then sprinkle 2 tablespoons of sugar over the whole thing.



Now just pop it in the oven for about 40-45 minutes. But 10-15 mins before the end of the cooking time, take the cobbler out of the oven and sprinkle it with another tablespoon of sugar. This will help caramelise the top, making it develop a golden brown top and it adds another level of flavour to the dessert. 


Once the cobbler is cooked, remove it from the oven and let it cool for about 10-15 minutes before serving. I served this with some whipped cream, but it would work just as well with some ice-cream or cream. 



Ingredients: 

1/2 cup (50g) Self-raising flour 
1/2 cup (115g) Sugar plus 3 tablespoons for sprinkling.
1/2 cup (120ml) Milk
1/2 stick (57g) Butter 

This recipe is taken from An Edible Symphony, so check out the original blogpost, to see the recipe. 



 Keep it Sweet!


Aneesa

3 comments:

  1. I'm soooo making this tommorow, your awsomee!!! Lol would work if I put Choco chops instead?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah definitely try it!! But I think fruits, especially berries work best for this recipe, because the juices from them add more flavour and texture to the batter. Try it out though and let me know how it goes!! :D

      Delete
  2. postingan yang bagus tentang"Raspberry Cobbler"

    ReplyDelete